Goal: A mural project aimed to uplift cancer spaces
Because: “Colour stimulates the release of serotonin, which induces feelings of happiness and well-being.”
Beneficiaries: Cancer patients, caregivers, and cancer-focused hospitals, clinics, institutes, accommodation centres
Impact focus: Mental Health
Pledge 2020: Mental Health | 12 Cancer Spaces | 1 Year
Impact so far: 10 cancer spaces, 10,00,000 beneficiaries.
Brief “Entering the world of cancer can be very dim. From the responsibility a medical student takes in becoming an oncologist, to the mother who watches her four-year-old deal with chemotherapy, the malignancy of cancer plagues everyone involved—their minds, bodies and spirits.
We know that in order to win this fight, it takes all of us, entirely, and how we are feeling in every moment becomes an integral part of the victory. Research on colour psychology shows that there is a correlation between colour and the way we feel. We want to bridge the gap and provide a gateway towards mind healing and inner peace.
#colourishappy is an initiative to brighten up the lives of anyone coming across the battle with Cancer. By beautifying a wall of cancer institutions, we hope to create a haven for anyone that chooses to set foot in the space.
Our goal is to rebuild the sense of community, to instil a voice among everyone on this journey and to bring back COLOR into the lives that need it the most.
- Hospital Onboarding and Assessment of wall from a professional artist/ muralist
- Research from therapists that solidify the concept of a mural in relation to mental health
- Consultation on themes and concepts with hospital
- Wall preparation, material procurement, volunteer allocation
- Design from professional artist/muralist
- The artist takes 7-10 days to finish a wall depending on the size of the wall.
- A colourful wall breathes life in the minds of millions of patients and caregivers!
Are you a cancer hospital/center looking to add colours to your walls?
Thank you so much for the fabulous mural. It’s really delightful. Your team went through a lot of trouble with trying out two murals for us but the results are well worth the effort. I hope that you will paint many more walls for us. The entire SRCC family is grateful for your commitment and involvement.
Dr . Soonu Udani